Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR wish list

Ralph Parker
Ralph Parker Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
New 6300 user still getting used to the system.
The radio will be used mostly on 6m, where the spectrum display is a big advantage.
6m ops frequently change modes quickly. I need a CW offset so that switching from SSB to CW keeps the signal in the passband, although the frequency changes, incorporating the CW offset.
Possible?
VE7XF

3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    There was a post a while back requesting "CW while in SSB Mode" for this very type of operation.  On 6 Meters, when finding a signal too weak to copy on SSB, just hit the key and send CW.  That would be awesome!  It would be great for CW ID on SSB as well, especially if the power could be programmed at a 10% rate.  No need to CW ID with full power...
  • Tom Warren
    Tom Warren Member
    edited May 2019
    Ralph,

I'm really glad you posted that, it is a real problem for me also. I run a 2M ssb/cw net every week and take checkins via cw from some of the stations for various reasons. I won't go into a long scenario but needless to say it creates a problem when using my 6300. I consider it a legitimate issue and hope it is 'corrected' with vers. 1.4.

Tom W4TMW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.