Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR API create a Panadapter Question

Asher - K0AU
Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR API
This code snippet:
               Panadapter pan = _radio.CreatePanadapter(new System.Windows.Size(0,0));
                pan.RequestPanadapterFromRadio();

creates a new panadapter that SSDR successfully instantiates with a slice.  I can hear audio from the slice, but there's no band data displayed for the new pan AND right-clicking on the new pan in SSDR does not do anything.

When I look at the size field in other pans through the debugger I see value (0,0), but wonder if I need to create the pan differently?

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited May 2020
    Today I don't believe you can create a panadapter for another display.  In other words, when you issue that command SmartSDR assumes it is your program that wants the panadapter.  Today only a single client creating panadapters is supported.  So you can control items from another display and you can create items for your own display, you just can't create a display for another client.
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Need to separate SmartSDR the client and SmartSDR the radio...

What Steve didn't mention is that if a non SmartSDR client creates a pan adaptor on the radio, the SmartSDR client GUI will display a non-active pan adaptor from the resulting status message that gets sent.

This is a bug which I reported quite some time back...

The SmartSDR client should ignore status messages about pan adaptor creation with a status handle other than its own.

The radio only sends VITA encoded data to the client which created the pan adaptor as Steve says.

Its highly desirable to have different modes of operation for pan adaptors...

- Mirror, to allow the same pan to be rendered on multiple clients
    - Independent, to allow multi GUI clients to share one radio

All future enhancement requests...
    Stu K6TU
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks!  Explains what I see and I'll rip out the create pan code.  If "mirror" mode gets implemented it would be nice to have a few settable attribute fields that SSDR-the-Client paints.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.