Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR 3.1.11 Update problems

Options
K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
What normally goes well here has gone all haywire today.  Update from 3.1.8 to 3.1.11 has not gone smoothly.  Radio is on my LAN but out in the shed about 50ft away from Router.
1: The update stayed in update mode long after it shows 100% on the status bar
2 did a shutdown and then turn on normal way via front panel button...  then got 3 red flashes
3: did a factory reset and it came up finally but then said "License Required"
4: pushed the license refresh button and it went back into update and appeared ok.
5: radio showed up in chooser and came on ok when selected.  reloaded profiles ok.
6: shut radio down via  the remote on/off feature
7 When turning back via rem on/off on it fails with 3 red flashes again
8. I went to the radio and push on button to get it to restart again [1st push failed after many Green light flashes..second pwr button push and it started up ok and showed on the chooser again.
9:  Tried download to 3.1.8 and that started doing the same thing when turning on/off [normally the radio is on 24/7 so I dont normally see restarts for a long time]
10: Upgraded back to 3.1.11 and it showed completed this time.
11 :  shutting down the radio and then restarting starts the 3 red lights flashing again until I intervene to  get it to come up after lots of button contortions.
12:  We changed this SD Card once...  Is it time for another?

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Larry, open an HD ticket.  It looks like the write intensive step involved in the upgrade may have corrupted the card before the new software was installed that prevents the SD card corruption.  We'll get you a new card ASAP.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Happened to me also (the no. 1 on the list) but after shutting down I did a DC power disconnect and DC power up then restarted SmartSDR.  I am now up and running now.  It was strange to see it hang at 100%, so might be a loader bug.  I defer to Flex on that.

Some background:   Just upgraded to V3 from V2 and did a V3.1.8 first and then did the V3.1.11.  Did full profile backup, did not need to restore.  Running fine on V3.1.11.......
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My 6600M did it this afternoon when I tried the update went array so I guess it's time for mine to get a new SDcard too, I will do a trouble ticket maybe I can get a SDCard sent out instead of sending the radio in for a easy change like that. 
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    It has just happened to me as well, exactly as described above.
    Ross
    ZL1WN
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    do a support ticket, FLEX will take care of you.

Wonder why you went with v3.1.11 instead of the new v3.1.12 I think they may have found the problem in v3.1.11 and fixed it.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks to Tim my 6600M radio is working great with the new SDCard and upgrading it to V3.1.12 
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    3.1.12 was not available when this was first posted.  Fix, at the time, was new SD card from Tim.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.