sdr-1000

• Praise
  • Updated 2 months ago
I pulled out the old Flex SDR-1000 with the 100 watt PA as the only option that I haven't touched since before I bought my 6500 in 2014. After Poking around on Darrin KE9NS website and finding a version 2.8 of power sdr that works with the SDR-1000, KE9NS + EXCALIBUR  ver. 2.8.0.55 and I got busy getting it going. I set up my older Dell T7500 that runs dual 6 core Xeon processors, 32 gigs memory and a Nvidia Quadro 4000 Display Adapter with Windows 7 32 bit which is what this version of powersdr called for. After setting up the computer and getting it all updated, I was able to get this all going and could not be happier with its performance especially with all the bells and whistles of the latest powersdr. The sound card I use is the External Ederol firewire device that has the win 7 32 bit drivers available on the Roland Website, I am using the Hosa cables that I still had. Com0Com and Virtual Audio Cable installed and its running WSJT-X wonderfully, the CPU on this PC loafs along at about 5% usage and has had zero issues. If you own one of these SDR Radios, it is worth while to breath some new life into it with this upgrade, its really amazing how well it performs considering this is the SDR radio that started it all. I have kept note and images of all setup pages along the way if anyone needs them.

Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 389 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Be the first to post a reply!