Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

sdr-1000

Larry _ NY8T
Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
I pulled out the old Flex SDR-1000 with the 100 watt PA as the only option that I haven't touched since before I bought my 6500 in 2014. After Poking around on Darrin KE9NS website and finding a version 2.8 of power sdr that works with the SDR-1000, KE9NS + EXCALIBUR  ver. 2.8.0.55 and I got busy getting it going. I set up my older Dell T7500 that runs dual 6 core Xeon processors, 32 gigs memory and a Nvidia Quadro 4000 Display Adapter with Windows 7 32 bit which is what this version of powersdr called for. After setting up the computer and getting it all updated, I was able to get this all going and could not be happier with its performance especially with all the bells and whistles of the latest powersdr. The sound card I use is the External Ederol firewire device that has the win 7 32 bit drivers available on the Roland Website, I am using the Hosa cables that I still had. Com0Com and Virtual Audio Cable installed and its running WSJT-X wonderfully, the CPU on this PC loafs along at about 5% usage and has had zero issues. If you own one of these SDR Radios, it is worth while to breath some new life into it with this upgrade, its really amazing how well it performs considering this is the SDR radio that started it all. I have kept note and images of all setup pages along the way if anyone needs them.

imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Ron Ferrell
    Ron Ferrell Member
    edited May 2020
    Larry,  I am getting my station back up and I have great interest in re-learning my old SDR1000.  Your article gave me hope.  I have an old Lenovo that has a similar cpu processor setup and the Ederol stand alone audio processing box.  I am hopeful to get it running sometime this summer.  Would you be willing to answer a few questions when I get stuck?  If not don't worry about it.   I know how busy things get.  I don't want someone to do this for me I just want a person who has done it before to tell me when I am stuck how to get unstuck.  72 years old and ham since '74.
    Thanks,
    Ron - WD8RGZ
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I had good notes at one time that were lost during a computer change but I will help where I can. Windows 7 32 bit and a parallel port are needed. 
  • AlexS
    AlexS Member
    I just came across this and wanted to revive my SDR-1000, but I am having problem getting the radio "clicking"

I installed Windows10 32bit on a Dell Optiplex 780 as well as a HP 6005 Pro. I downloaded the KE9NS/US1GHQ installer 2.8 as well as the Flex 2.4.4. All combination came up with the same issue. after configuring the setup, triple checking the printer port address on device manager when I click start, I have no clicks from the radio. The screen comes back with High SWR.

Any suggestion? Thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.