Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Product Suggestion:

Rob AB1NJ
Rob AB1NJ Member
edited July 2017 in New Ideas
Product Suggestion:

When running two slices in "split" configuration, TX VFO, volume muting, and power level should be "sticky". The way it is now, if you correct freq on slice B, it changes TX to that VFO and then going back to VFO A will unmute the volume, and reset power to full on slice A. I can't say how many times this has messed me up and continues to do so. Makes for a lot of extra clicks and frustration when operating split.

Rob AB1NJ

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Can you make a video and post to youtube of how you are doing the split with two slices A (transmit) & B (listen)? I have created two slice and the TX and doesn't change unless I click the TX on the  B 'listen' likewise the settings in the Radio Panel RX block on the right side remain unchanged per slice. Seeing how you are doing it would help understand what I am probably missing.

The other Radio Panel blocks (TX, P/CW, PHNE, EQ) are global from my understanding. That does make sense to have an option to for each slice to use a global or independent profile/setup. This way one slice might be for AM high power and an audio setup for broadcast full sound, another for SSB low power and audio setup for DX, while another for FreeDV or D-Star and its unique need, and so on for digital modes etc.

Here is one free program you use to record screen sessions. There are others.
    http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBackExpress/Download.aspx
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Good idea, Rob, and making the slice position on the waterfall sticky, which means
    that the slice(s) stay in one place when changing frequency, would be great, also.
    Could be made an option...
    Alex DH2ID
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    "Can you make a video and post to youtube of how you are doing the split with two slices A (transmit) & B (listen)? I have created two slice and the TX and doesn't change unless I click the TX on the  B 'listen' likewise the settings in the Radio Panel RX block on the right side remain unchanged per slice. Seeing how you are doing it would help understand what I am probably missing."

yup same problem ... I want TX sticky and if I hit a new slice the TX focus moves to that

how many times I end up calling on the DX freq in the past months !
    DOH !

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I think I'm missing something on part of this or others are doing something differently for split. Here is a video of my setting up a split as example. The TX doesn't change and the RX audio settings are unique for each slice. Maybe this helps or someone can provide video showing a different experience.

• Rob AB1NJ
    Rob AB1NJ Member
    edited January 2017
    My 6300 acts differently. I'm unsure as to why, or what settings affect this. I don't have the ability to make a screen video.
  • Rob AB1NJ
    Rob AB1NJ Member
    edited March 2017
    after viewing the screen video that David posted, I'd like to change this post from a product suggestion to a problem.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Are you running any third party applications that interact with the radio? If so try disabling them and seeing that changes the behavior. Otherwise you may want to open a support ticket with Flex unless that is what you meant by changing it to a problem.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.