Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Number of memory channels for ATU

DaveC
DaveC Member ✭✭
Did not see anything in the software manual about how many ATU memory channels are available. Is it open ended or is there a maximum number?

Thanks Dave KB1WOD

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Come to think of it, I have never seen that kind of information published on any tuner I have bought. I have a Palstar HF-Auto and don't recall every seeing that subject addressed.
  • Mark  K1LSB
    Mark K1LSB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    My old LDG AT-897Plus tuner had a published figure of 2000 memories:

http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/18/7/2

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    From the user manual, page 100, the L and C vales are good for 200kc - ie. +/-100kc. That would imply how many are available depending on the band allocation span.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    The memories are saved to a database on the radio's SD card, like all of the radio databases.  So the number of memories do not have a maximum fixed number.

But to answer the pragmatic question, the number of ATU memories you can save exceeds by a large margin the number of ATU memories created by adding one for every 100 kHz segment of each ham band for both antennas.
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim,
    In section 24.1.2 of the SmartSDR software users guide, it states:
    "Also, for high Q antennas that have a very narrow low SWR range, ATU memories can be saved every 10 kHz for a very granular ATU memory profile for that antenna."

I am assuming that the memory can hold more than what is stated above. 

The exact details are not important. Let me just say the ATU has worked as I expected and I am very happy with my 6300 with ATU. Thanks for info everyone.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.