Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

not talking to dxLab commander...w new Cat 1.1.5.0

Options
W5XZ - dan
W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
'trouble in paradise' 6500, win7 home 64 bit...seems like Cat IS installed and using port 4..yet, Commander sends an error message...'invalid port number (8002), thePort = primary CAT port, port number = 4, setting 19200,N,8,1' is the error msg i get from dxLab Commander.... what did i do wrong? 'I am a man of constant sorrow, i've seen trouble all my days...'

Answers

• Paul RN3A
    Paul RN3A Member
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Dan, make sure there are no conflicts with ports assignment. SSDR CAT automatically creates port 4 and port 14, no matter which ports are already created in your system. It does not seem to be a major bug in SSDR CAT, but it makes you pay special attention to your Com ports assignment. Before launching SSDR CAT and SSDR make sure that you have both ports 4 and 14 available. Otherwise there should be no problem with Commander addressing port 4. You can also try more complex way. Try DDUtil ver.3 and create a couple of VSP pairs with K5FR VSP Manager. DDUtil sees Flex 6K without addressing Com ports, so you can create a random pair, using one port to connect with DDUtil, and second port for Commander. In this case you are not tied to Com 4-14 pair.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    third try is a charm...now it's working...
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ha, just read this. My win Keyer runs on a FTD com port 4. And will not key the rig, whereas it keys the Flex 5K perfectly. Obviously, I must change/delete that pair of ports that Scat creates. But that is a wonder...how can it create a pair of ports, when both of those ports already exist. I have had the com 4 with my winkeyer. Shouldn't SDRCat see that and NOT interfere? And checking SDRCat, I of course see a port 4 but no port14. Something is amiss
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    hey, Bill i have capitulated; i have a $4k rig with no memory keyer, for almost a year; so i hooked up my 'legacay' pico keyer, for a 'cq dx' loop..full manual, old school.. have you tried to create a one ended extra port pair yet? (port 14 is invisible, kryptonite..ya know..) dsw komrade, w5xz
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I don't understand either. previous version I had good communication with DXlabs Commander. Now I can't get it to connect. And why I can't send cw to the rig is a mystery. To me, that's a major problem to try and create a port where a normal windows com port already exists. I have a normal Com 4, it's the WinKeyer which works perfectly in PowerSDR and will not work in 'Not so SmartSDR' I do find it interesting that in SmartSDR it lists my Physical Port Com4 and if it did create a com 14, it doesn't show up in the list. I'm assuming that is also related to my loss of connection to DXLabs Commander which is rock solid in PowerSDR.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I CAN see com4 and com14 in Device Manager, under "Ports (com & LPT)"... that's how i got a clue i had not installed CAT Setup properly, initially..they didn't show up there, at first.. how bout chew?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.