Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Output From Powered Speakers Connector - 6600M

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just tried to connect my 6600M to external powered speakers, but am getting no output.  The connection is stereo.  I'm sure the cable is OK because I tried with the same cable / speakers from another device.  I don't see any separate output control in SSDR.  I think I'm missing something in SSDR, but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

73 - David, AG4F

Answers

• Jerry WA3GYG
    Jerry WA3GYG Member
    edited May 2018
    Check the master volume setting under the Audio tag,

good luck

Jerry
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    David,

If you pull out the cable just slightly (about 2mm) do you get any output? I had the same issue with certain cables if the plug was all the way seated in the jack.

73, Scott N1SER
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    No problems here - do you have both master and slice volume up and not muted?
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    lets go for the obvious...there are a few 1/8" jack back there...would not hurt to double check it is plugged into the correct one...
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I had the same problem when they were plugged into the key jack :-)
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Scott wins the prize!  I had an el-cheapo barrel connector.  I replaced it and all is happy.  Thanks for that tip.

Thanks also to the rest who replied, including the comedian, Wayne.

73 - David, AG4F
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    edited May 2018
    Yes! I'm glad that helped :)

Scott
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hey it wasn't funny when it was happening. You don't know what I had to go thru to get the flashlight to the back of the rig to see where it was actually plugged in at!
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    We're in the same boat.  I've done that more times than I care to admit (plug something into the wrong port).  I also have the same challenge with access to stuff behind the equipment.  I moved to a new QTH about a year ago.  Because my shack/office is now much smaller than before, I have a lot less space behind the equipment.  I have to kneel on the desk and balance myself with the flashlight in my mouth in order to work on cables, etc.  I also seem to always get to a point where the area behind the equipment is just spaghetti.  I always start off with nice, neat cabling, but after some time of adding, removing and changing equipment, everything is a mess again.  With so little space to work, I haven't even attempted to straighten it out.  I'll have to move again to get organized cabling again.
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    edited May 2018
    Haha... I have to keep a photo of the back of my equipment handy because I never can see where which connectors are where... :)
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yup.  I used to actually label all my cables so I knew what went where, but that fell by the wayside as I added stuff.  Every time I need to do something back there, I kick myself for not labeling them anymore.

BTW, it's hard to balance on a desk on your knees with a flashlight in your mouth while kicking yourself at the same time. :)
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    edited May 2018
    Haha... that would be a great photo ;)
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I tend to do a few, more silent things, some not so silent, when I am in process of crawling, twisting, looking (sometimes in disgust) turning, seeing, but not seeing (even bifocals won't fix it all), and as such the self deprecating begins in earnest (calling myself a dumb arse, etc).  So, that said, I know where you are coming from when it comes to looking behind all that fine gear up front and seeing what a Cluster it has turned in to in the back hihi. It is a partial Godsend, at least, to see the cable runs minimized with nothing more than an Ethernet cable, coax, and power to get you running. All in Jest hihi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.