Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility

Mark_W3II
Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have spent countless hours enjoying my Flex-6500. To improve my operating
proficiency I have written a utility to track my most recently used frequencies and save frequently used frequencies for easy recall. I have successfully used the utility with 1.3.0 and 1.3.8 versions of Flex Radio’s SmartSDR.

The utility is called FRStack and I am releasing a beta version of this utility for your review and enjoyment. If you wish to report an issue or suggest an improvement use the utility’s Help Menu Contact Support link.

You can start FRStack before or after you start SmartSDR. FRStack does not require CAT.  Slices appear and disappear in FRStack as they are created and destroyed in SmartSDR. You can also swap Slice settings with another slice which helps when logging QSOs which are typically logged against Slice A.

I have tested FRStack using a Flex-6500 but it was written to also support the Flex-6300 and Flex-6700.

https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid=D6EA27C831DD8A7A!914&authkey=!AOBrxzxCvgXMTYw&ithint=file%2cexe

Mark

AA3RK

Comments

• lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Thanks.
    It works. 
    Great job.
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Glad to now have band-stacking.  This is a very welcome addition.  Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Paul, W9AC
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    VERY NICE!  Makes it very easy to change frequency within a band.  Love it!!  Keep up the good work....
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Awesome.  Something to install and play with tonight.  This sounds like a good way to keep track of the PSK31 frequencies on each band. among other things.

Thanks for sharing your work!
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Works great, something SmartSDR really has been missing
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Excellent job, and the missing slice swap function is made available and works great. 

I know maybe not very many have installed the GPS unit,  I would suggest if the Flex-6700 GPS time could be utilized externally to synch the PC time instead of relaying on the NTP server.  I just started using JT-65 which requires  precise timing. 

Thanks,

73s

9K2WA - Ali
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Thanks!

Great job.

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Good program very easy to use. Thank you for making available, too bad Flex has not including band stacking in their product.
  • Peter
    Peter Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for sharing this fantastic utility for the 6000 series. I will let you know of any issues.

Good stuff!

Peter / ve3pcd

• Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    It works!  And very convenient.
    Thank you!
  • Gary Robertson - KY5R
    Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    When I try to run this program, I get a message that I need to install .NETFramework, Version=v4.5.1

Any problem installing this version? Is it compatible with SmartSDR, etc?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Yes .NET 4.5.1 is required. Yes SmartSDR works very well with .NET 4.5.1 installed. I have been using .NET 4.5.1 since its release October 2013
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Remember that later .Net versions do not replace previous versions but are in addition to previous versions..  Do not uninstall previous versions of .NET unless specifically instructed during the install process.

AL, K0VM
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

If FRStack can not see your radio but SmartSDR can then you may need to create a Windows Firewall exclusion for FRStack.

I am providing the steps to create Windows Firewall Rule for Windows 7:

Navigate to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center, click Windows Firewall link (on lower left of screen), click Allow a Program or Feature through Windows Firewall link (on upper left of screen),

click Change Settings button, click Allow another program button,  browse to FRStack (most likely C:Program Files (x86)FRStackFRStack.exe), click Add button, select Home/Work and Public checkboxes.

FRStack should see the radio now.

• N9RO
    N9RO Member
    edited October 2014

Thanks.  Works fine with my 6500.

Tim, N9RO

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    FRStack is an excellent addition to SSDR. I think that it should be a part of future versions of SSDR.
    After initial problems with connection to my Flex, I followed Mark's sugestion and modified firewal access.
    Everything works well now.
    A great piece of software, Mark !

Tom, SP7WT

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Ok Mark replaced the sdr memory 6k program I had been using. love the stacking and memory . now my want list which is very small. I use a batch file to bring everything up together.  We have yours coming up and shutting down fine, but I would like to place it on my second monitor when it comes up automaticly like my wn1, alpha 8410 program and uidigi does. I was able to move all these then shut down each program with the "X" and then when I bring them up they are at the place and monitor I closed them out from. also I can resize and it is remembered. How about it can this happen on my new favorit memory program?

Keep up the good work.

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Good suggestion, I will add this feature to my next update which should be later this month.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Mark great utility. The ability to save window size and placement will be a great help by allowing better visibility. Joe WD5Y
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Great work Mark, I love this little app!!
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Thank you Mark for the phone help.

Now loving it  (FRStack) even more... 73

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited October 2014

Thanks Mark for the program and for the solution about the Windows Firewall settings.  It works great.  I have only a problem with frequencies as 136 and 477 KHz. They are put in a band called 160M+.  Also freqeuncies in the 2M band cannot be stored.  The 4M band is indicated as 5M+   I am working with a FLEX 6700.

Jan , pa0bie.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I tried it this afternoon. Works well. It is fast. It remembers RIT/XIT status and other things, too. Nicely done. The only suggestion I have is cosmetic... The "buttons" and font could be smaller to cut down on the real estate it takes.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Wow it works great with the memory placement. Now all my programs open with a batch file , including my new great memory program. I am just starting to use and have limited the. Band stacking to 5 memories. I wish we had the ability like power sdr to just click on one thing to move through the memories. Maybe in the future we will be able to put it on the toolbar like the woodbox meter. Mark great job and the true spirt of running a flex shows when people like you give us a new tool for our Flexable radios. Thank you.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    This is an awesome utility.

Don
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I have updated FRStack to use generic labels HF1, HF2, VHF1, etc. to represent groups of frequencies outside of traditional Ham Bands. This should make more sense then 160M+ and 5M+ which was the old labeling scheme. Please use the support email link in FRStack for future support issues. Thanks. 73
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Version 0.5.3.0 public Beta release of utility is available. If your PC is connected to the internet FRStack will prompt you to install the new version. If not you can use the original link above to get the latest installer.

This version adds:
    Remember window position and state
    Add slice and button tooltips
    Support for bands above 100 MHz
    Update bands labels

73, Mark AA3RK

• Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Loaded this earlier and all is great. I really like the window that pops up when you hover over memories or last used frequencies per band that indicates options and values. On the earlier version I had an issue with the agc-t not resetting per band but I checked this new version and it is working perfect in this respect. Thank you very much for this utility, works great. 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Jlawson40
    Jlawson40 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Mark, Yet another thank you for sharing your software expertise with the community. I downloaded and installed your latest version. It is working great with my Flex 6500. I love having the memories to instantly return to. Great work. Thanks again. John, W8AGS
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks so much for your efforts.I do hope
    Flex Radio acknowledges it too!
    I don't see their comments; seems a little odd.
    Bruce N5FD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.