Maestro CW Bug 7378 Not Fixed?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
Looking through the changelog of SmartSDR 3.0.27 it appears that bug #7378 was not fixed.  Is this so?

This bug was that CW from the Maestro over Smartlink was corrupted by timing errors.  The response from the Help Desk when the problem was reported was - 
"Because CW is such a timing critical mode, we perform a test on the Maestro at boot time to calculate the timing characteristics of the keying circuit so that we can compensate for delay and jitter.  We believe a defect has been introduced in SmartSDR v3 that is affecting the quality of determining the timing characteristics.  When you take into account this issue, it becomes compounded when using the Maestro over a SmartLink or any high latency connection and that the defect manifests itself as the keying errors that you have recorded."

Unfortunately, this makes the Maestro useless for CW contesting over Smartlink and to a lesser extent over the local LAN.

Any chance it was fixed and just not listed as that particular bug in the changelog?

John K1ESE

Photo of K1ESE

K1ESE

• 131 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 875 Posts
  • 323 Reply Likes
#7378 is being looked at, but is not complete yet and thus was not included in this release.
Photo of JohnSweeney

JohnSweeney

• 85 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I suggest that this bug receive major attention.   Not being able to use CW with a Maestro using a local keyer/paddle is very discouraging.  Works fine on 2.49.
Photo of K1ESE

K1ESE

• 131 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply, Eric.  Waiting eagerly...

K1ESE
Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 923 Posts
  • 260 Reply Likes
There are a number of cw issues that I can confidently say are on the "fix radar" of the team.  During Hamvention 2019, I had the great honor and privilege to work with the flex team and interact with the flex user community at their booth.  one perk was that It gave me an opportunity to introduce some top cw operator/dxpeditioneer/contester flex users to the flex programming team to offer direct feedback on several outstanding issues, helping put them into real world use context.  I am hopeful and confident some of these items will get attention as their bandwidth allows.