Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro - Can I use my Logitech H800 Bluetooth Headset?

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Will I be able to use my Logitech H800 Bluetooth (ear and mic) headset when I get my Maestro, or will I have to wait for a future software release to enable this functionality?

As I understand it, the Maestro is a MS Windows based machine which is locked down.  Will FRS have all of the drivers we need preinstalled on the Maestro?

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Bluetooth functionality will not be available on initial release.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'd really like to have a TIME FRAME as to when this feature will be available.  I don't want to be waiting around for another year or longer to have this and some of the other features that were advertised nearly 10 months ago.  I can't stand being tethered to a device with a bunch of cables. 
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Sorry, all I can say is "After the initial release".   FRS does not give roadmap timelines anymore unfortunately because of the few people who were not understanding that quality software takes time.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Norm, do you do logging, Fldigi, dm-780? If so, you'll still need a pc with cables.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Let me validate Chris' response.  Bluetooth connectivity with Maestro will not be included in the initial SmartSDR software release for Maestro (v1.7).  It is a capability that we intend to add in a future release of SmartSDR for Maestro.  At this time, we cannot speculate on the timeframe when this feature will be included or what devices will be supported.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Norm, I use a Jetech r/t bluetooth device to power a bluetooth speaker that I use with SSDR.
    This gadget has 3.5mm plug and should work with the Maestro. I plan on using it that way when I get the Maestro. It's available from Amazon for 19.95.

You can view it at this URL
    http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Receiver-JETech-Transmitter-Headphone/dp/B00YCWEBSY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UT...

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bob...  does it need to switch between TX and RX manually to accommodate dual purpose bluetooth Headsets?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Strictly manual switch from transmit to recieve.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry Bob, that's just too much junk for me to have.  I'm trying to make this simpler, less clutter and easier to move around.

I'm currently using a laptop with wireless headset.  I'm able to place the 6700 in VOX mode and then mute my headset mic.  This works great for me now.  I also have a Jabra headset that is good for up to around 300 feet.  I use it the same way - VOX on the 6700 and a mic mute on the headset.  Works very well.  I'm able to log my entries, cruise the internet, look folks up in QRZ, and a myriad of other things with this simple configuration.  No wires other than the charge cord when the laptop battery starts to drop down.

Now with the maestro, it looks like I'm going to be taking a step backwards for an indefinite period of time.  Actually, it may never offer me quite the flexibility I have with my laptop.

Will I just plug a hand mic and or key into the Maestro, take it, the power supply and a laptop for logging to the back porch and operate there?  I'm not so sure.  For casual operating, I guess I could leave out the laptop, but then again I really like logging my QSOs.

I'm trying to simplify my operations, not make them more complicated or cumbersome.  I guess I'm still trying to figure all of this out and just how I'll use the Maestro.  Right now, I can't imagine trying to travel with it.

I can see the maestro really coming in handy for field day though. 

Still confused I guess.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.