Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Macintosh and Flex-6500

Jean_Luc F5JRC
Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
Dears OM,
I am the new and proud owner of a Flex-6500.

I use an iMac 27" i5 16 MB with Parallels / Windows 7 Familial Edition and I am unable to see the Flex in the SmartSDR (v1.4.11 SDR) Software (nothing appears in the left column).
The IP address of the Flex device on the Lan is 192.168.1.46

An old dual core PC (Windows7 Pro) connect successfully the Flex-6500 on the Lan so I am sure the local network is working well as well the Flex-6500.

Parallels configuration issue? Flex-6500 configuration issue?
Please any idea to fix? You help will be very appreciated!

Thanks, Jean-Luc / F5JRC

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You need to set Parallels to bridge mode so it has the same ip subnet as the radio
  • Bill Carnett
    Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Mon ami

Récemment fait de même. La patience est la clé. Je suis un idiotde l'ordinateur et maintenant, cela fonctionne plutôt bien.Désolé je ne peux pas vous dire ce que j'ai fait, mais le grandpeuple sur ce site, vous aurez mis en place, hi hi.

Bonne chance! C'est un radio superbe, sans question.  Patience....Patience!

Bien cordialement et bon journée mon ami,

73, Bill
    AH6FC/7 -QTH Lyon pour un petit peu...et La Francais est mauvais, hi hi
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited October 2018
    Take a look at this article, it explains the networking modes that Parallels offers.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/4948
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    @Howard - Thanks for your return, it's working now! Just have to read the documentation if I want to get the sound in the iMac speakers! Thanks for your help. 73's Jean-Luc - F5JRC

@Bill - I was in Lyon last week, now I am in my home in Epaux-Bézu (very closed of Belleau Wood) and I start to discover this SDR I bought last week. Promis je serai patient pour découvrir les innombrables possibilités de ce matériel. Merci Bill et 73's Jean-Luc - F5JRC

@Doug - This article is perfect, I hope to stay on Mac with Parallels, and continue to use some really nice stuff like RumlogNG or MacloggerDX… Thanks Doug for your help! 73's Jean-Luc - F5JRC
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Jean Luc

Pour le denier 4 senaine je suis en France. Main tenant je suis en Friedrichshafen.
  • Bill Carnett
    Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    good article, thanks.
    Bill, AH6FC/7
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    There are now ways to go Windows-free (or at least Windows-minimal). image
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi George, thank you for these very encouraging news, Don Agro did a fantastic job. I hope we will soon have the opportunity to generate remote CW (at least LAN) with a real paddle. I am not allergic to keyboard and CWX is fine, but connecting a paddle or bug could be a great improvement. 73 Jean-Luc - F5JRC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.