Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Initial Setup Questions 6400 w/ Maestro

Barry Young
Barry Young Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
I have read through the quick setup guides for the 6400 and the Maestro.  My question is, do you install the SDR software on a computer first and setup the 6400 to run via computer and then setup the Maestro?  Or do you connect the 6400 to an external display, but then, how do you navigate without mouse and keyboard?  I see there are USB ports on the back of the 6400, do they support keyboard and mouse (also wireless keyboard and mouse?)?

Just want to get my ducks in a row, so the setup goes smoothly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Barry, You're on the right path. Install SSDR on your PC first, DAX and CAT will be installed on the PC as well at this time. Attempt to connect to the radio and select the version of SSDR you just installed so that version gets installed on the radio. Click on that version # and let the radio firmware update. Then fire up the Maestro and have it update pretty much the same way.
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thank you very much! Can’t wait to setup and start using this awesome technology!
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    So if your radio is a 6400M then you connect it to the internet then the radio will check to see if there is a update available and then upgrade to it, then load that same version on your Computer.

If you have a SEPARATE Maestro then load the LATEST version on your computer and then upgrade the radio then bring up the Maestro and if it says there's a update just update to the version that you already installed on the computer. 
    Right now the latest release is 2.2.8 
    If these are different version's then every time you bring up the Maestro it will want to upgrade / downgrade and every time you bring up SmartSDR on the Computer it will want to upgrade / downgrade and you will needlessly jump back and forth between versions, so it is important to keep the versions the same.

Hope this helps and answers your questions.

Bret
    WX7Y

• stevenab
    stevenab Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Barry, I have a 6600 w/Maestro. I didn’t have a Windows PC at first. I just setup the 6600 w/cat 5 and connected the Maestro. It downloaded the new version and updated the 6600. I was off and running. I would add, because there is no dummy sheet. Write down all settings before you start playing. I spent a day with no output because of mic profile change. All the best! Steven

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.