Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I'm considering an HR50 amp to use with my Flex1500, anyone have this setup?

Latta
Latta Member
Using an amplifier with a Flex 1500, how many have done this? I'm considering an HR50.

Answers

• Jay N1AV
    Jay N1AV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It should work just fine with PTT keying I used a Tokyo Hy-Power HL-50B for a while with mine, no issues at all, you might have manually switch bands until you get all the auto band switching sorted out.

Jay
  • Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have one and it works great. But you have to e careful to not overload the input. I use 2 to 3 watts input from my Flex 1500 and monitor the output and swr carefully so as not to exceed 50 Watts.
    PTT quit working but I find that COR works fine on the Flex.
    Keith
    W7ZAC
  • david ingebright
    edited December 2018
    Jay--how did you sort out the autoband switching. Appears the the flexwire I/O is non standard.
    dave
  • Jay N1AV
    Jay N1AV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    There are two versions of the Tokyo amplifier, the HL45 and the HL50 (I think I got those names correct).. Anyway, one has a LARGE DIN connector on the back (the one I have) and the other has a small DIN connector on the back.  The version with the small connector (the second generation of the amp) mates with the 817 for auto bands switching.  The larger DIN model (mine) does not support it.   - Jay
  • Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The Flex 1500 does not use FireWire.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.