I controlled my Flex 6300 with the new breed of inexpensive W 8.1 tablets.

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
I controlled my Flex 6300 with my ASUS W8.1 Transformer Book 10.1" T100TAM-C1-GM rx and tx also with a W8.1 HPStream 7 rx only. They are inexpensive W 8.1 tablets.
Photo of GAH    K5RIG

GAH K5RIG

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of N9VV

N9VV

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1590 Posts
  • 555 Reply Likes
You guys are almost making my want to buy one!!
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3594 Posts
  • 1447 Reply Likes
Don't worry George someone will port it to an iPad which most of the rest of us already own.
(Edited)
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1590 Posts
  • 555 Reply Likes
From your lips to the Dev God's ears!
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 747 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
To anyone who may be interested.

A lot of the tablets are throw-away items to the extend that when the battery fails, you throw it away because it is impossible to replace it.  I'm not sure if that is the case with this model but if its important to you, make sure you do some research before buying.  I personally don't like throwing stuff out after a year because of a battery failure.  I get on ebay and order a replacement and I'm off and going again.  Some tablets are even glued together and it is impossible to open them.  If your paying $200-400 on a tablet, a non-replaceable battery may be a deal breaker for some!

Norm - W7CK
Photo of GAH    K5RIG

GAH K5RIG

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don,t buy on e bay . The stream 7 is designed to have access to the interior the battery is right there a ham could probably replace it . Asus is very successful making tablets and Nextbook is a Microsoft Intel and Walmart joint effort they like to be successful .
Photo of GAH    K5RIG

GAH K5RIG

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I believe W8.1 and Thin Pipe might make a lot of devices work . It might only be money and bragging rights that separates them .
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 908 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
SmartSDR and Nextbook 10.
(Edited)