I can't figure out how to get an RX Out from my 6700

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I want to feed a receiver with the same antenna as I use for RX/TX on the 6700. Ideally I would like to have an RX Out, that allows me to receive from the same antenna and gets switched off when I TX with the 6700. I thought the RX Out was that... but it is not the case.  If I activate Loop it sends the RX to the RX Out but it doesn't feed the SCU in the 6700.

Based on this Diagram I thought it was possible. So, what am I missing?

How do I get an RX Out from the Flex 6700?
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1752 Posts
  • 534 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Al K0VM

Al K0VM, Elmer

• 581 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
I think you would need some sort of external splitter. One input ort feed from RX A out and two outputs. one going back to RXA in  and the other to your external receiver.

AL, K0VM
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
Dx Engineering RTR1A controller. I have one here.

• 1752 Posts
  • 534 Reply Likes
I still have the question about just getting an RX Out. It seems that it should work as per the diagram below from Flex manual.

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3467 Reply Likes
The feature you are describing does not exist, even thought the block diagram could support it.  The RX in/out is coded to be a loop or an input; not an output.

• 1752 Posts
  • 534 Reply Likes
OK Thanks Tim. Does this mean that it could be coded because it is physically feasible? RX Out is a useful feature. 
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
I would think it should work that way . . . Unless there is a mistake in the drawing. But according to that drawing how does the signal get to the SCU. It ends at the RX out 
(Edited)

• 1752 Posts
  • 534 Reply Likes
Yeah... The diagram is not that clear, it looks like both antennas are connected... Maybe frs can chime in.
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF

HCampbell WB4IVF

• 170 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes

I could have misunderstood the question, but I thought Al had the answer.  The signal from ANT1 or ANT2 goes to the SCU by the user completing the loop between RXA OUT and RXA IN (in this case inserting a splitter between RXA OUT and RXA IN to feed an external receiver).  The block diagram leaves something to the imagination, I agree. I would also add a front end protector, such as an Array Solutions AS-RXFEP, for the external receiver. 

BTW, the DXE RTR-1A antenna interface suggested by Steven is a very versatile product.  I use it also.  Among many other uses, it lets you very quickly compare signals and select your TX or RX antenna(s) for Rx at the flip of a switch.  Much faster than selecting from menus.  The DXE user manual is available on their web site and includes many detailed diagrams on possible uses for the switch.

http://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/dx-engineering-rtr-1a-receive-antenna-interfaces?au...

Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
If you look at the block and loop rx out to rx in you still get a dead end and it goes nowhere.
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF

HCampbell WB4IVF

• 170 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes

Doesn't the diagram show a path from RX IN to the SCU band pass filters?

Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
According to that block diagram the switching is open

• 1752 Posts
  • 534 Reply Likes
So you have to use a T for the antenna to have RX A-Out and enable LOOP A. But then you cannot have an RX antenna on the RX A-In. Right?
Photo of Al K0VM

Al K0VM, Elmer

• 581 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Yes you could connect an antenna on RX-A  IN.. BUT you need to make sure that it does not receive too much energy  from your transmit antenna since  it is not protected by TR switching.

AL, K0VM