KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3521 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
Extremely Well
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2252 Posts
  • 874 Reply Likes
Almost as good as the iPad Pro 9.7 which is pretty darn good.
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 3911 Posts
  • 1187 Reply Likes
Mine works fine with just an iPad Air. So that one should be even better.
Photo of Dennis Daniel KM6DF

Dennis Daniel KM6DF

• 83 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thank you all I have a generation 4 now it works but it is very choppy. I don't want to buy a new iPad and have the same issue
(Edited)
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1086 Posts
  • 220 Reply Likes
I just switched from the Air to the new 2017 model (my Air was running out of room.) Running OpenVPN Connect and SmartSDR for IOS just fine.
Photo of Trader Dave

Trader Dave

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Works great with iPad Pro, I'v been working DX on 40 meters during the evening from my family  room using AirPods for the receiver and mike. 

Dennis Daniel KM6DF

• 83 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Well I got the new iPad and works fine but still choppy . Setup is an asus router and iPad running open vpn any ideas
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1086 Posts
  • 220 Reply Likes
You didn't mention how you are connecting. I assume remotely via VPN from your comment. Are you connected via cellular network or WiFi? Try going to speedtest.net and check the ping and upload/download speed.

Make sure your home network and remote network are not using the same subnet scheme (192.168.1.x for example). I set my home network for 10.6.0.x with 6700 set for a static IP on network. My rempte 6500 subnet is 10.7.0.x with the 6500 set for sratic on that network.

Which Asus router? For home LAN i've found faster speed with IOS devices (new iPad, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7Plus) by disabling explicit and universay beamforming for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz channels.

If running over remote WiFi network make sure that network isn't set for multiple routers on same WiFi channel ( and apartment building for example).

Last, try a cold boot of the iPad to ensure nothing else is running. I've found one app that does not run correctly on IOS 10. To do a cold boot Press and hold the Home and Power Button until your iPhone / iPad reboot (ignore the "Slide to turn off"), you can release both buttons when you see Apple logo.

I'm running the new 32 gig WiFi model with no issues when running SmartSDR for IOS.

Dave wo2x

Dennis Daniel KM6DF

• 83 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks Dave I have a rt - ac68p router my connection is cat 6 to my 6500. The asus router is setup for vpn and the iPad is a the new 2017 iPad running open vpn