Heil Proset Plus adaptor for 6600M

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
I can't be the only one that is trying to connect their Heil Proset Plus headset to a Flex 6600M.  I asked Heil, but they haven't responded yet so I thought I would ask here.  Is there an adaptor available??  It would be crazy to have to cobble together a headset adaptor for the most advanced and capable radio available.
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 638 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
I thought cobbling together was what ham radio was all about?
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Antennas sometimes for me.  I can build 4:1 baluns and Ugly baluns.  I crimp all of my N connectors though - not interested in PL-259's.  $5K radios ehhh - not so much.  The days of build your own are long past, except with Elecraft - sort of.
(Edited)
Photo of  Carl Jón Denbow N8VZ

Carl Jón Denbow N8VZ

• 80 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Flex actually makes an adapter that works with the Heil AD-1-Y adapter. It’s kind of kludgy but it works. I tried it both with the ProSet-IC and the Pro 7. I can confirm that it works. 73 de Carl N8VZ
Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
GARY, If your Heil headset has a 3.5 TS mono plug for the mic input like my Heil Proset, another person on the forum recommended the below item. You plug the mic jack into the black portion of the Y cable and plug the TRS male into the 3.5 mic input connector.  It works on my 6600M.  The receive portion of the cable I have terminates in a regular TRS stereo 3.5 jack that fits into the 6600M 1/8 phone connector. Don't know if this helps. It only costs 4.95 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O5H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Photo of K3SF

K3SF

• 175 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
ditto..

did the same with my Heil Proset...works fine with 6600M
Photo of Jonathan Straub

Jonathan Straub

• 11 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I own a ProSet Plus! With the two 3.5mm plugs. I am using the 6400M and plug it directly into the radio and turn the microphone bias option off.