For sale - Flex-6700

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I'm selling my Flex-6700. I placed an ad on QTH.com, but also giving the community a heads up. Asking $6000. Offers welcome. 

I'm not getting out of the flex game. I just temporarily need to downsize. Hopefully I should get a new radio later on this year or early next year. 

Email: rjairam@gmail.com 
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2198 Posts
  • 849 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Manuel - W4SSB

Manuel - W4SSB

• 42 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hopefully you will be alpha/beta testing the 6700 replacement.
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2198 Posts
  • 849 Reply Likes
Yeah I dunno what Flex has planned. I've heard nothing. Your guess is as good as mine!

(But that is not why I am selling).
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 447 Posts
  • 129 Reply Likes
Given Ria's involvement with Flex Alpha testing and Contesting it's easy to see why Manuel would suspect a replacement may be coming for the 6700.  As soon as I saw this Post, I thought the same thing.

With the 6400/M and 6600/M models out my guess is 6700 sales must have dropped off considerably.  And now that these newer models are out, it doesn't make sense that the 6700 flagship not have the best OEM contest filtering.  I was hoping to see FRS come out with a 7th Order Filter product (internal or external) for the 6700, but I suppose there wouldn't be much profit involved with such a product.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 6700 eventually gets dropped or replaced with a newer model.  My hope is FRS maintains an 8 slice flagship transceiver. 
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2198 Posts
  • 849 Reply Likes
I do agree with you, and I can assure you that I have no advance knowledge of anything (if any) that Flex is preparing for Hamvention release, other than software I am testing. I also agree that the 6700 with 8 slices is the top of the line Flex, even though the 6600 has the contest band filters. 
Photo of W2PP

W2PP

• 224 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Does this also mean you are no longer testing the PGXL either?
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2198 Posts
  • 849 Reply Likes
I'm keeping the PGXL, and my exile is only temporary. The PGXL works with many kinds of radios, and it is being tested with many kinds of radios.
(Edited)