Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flrig and FLEX 6500

Options
W4EY
W4EY Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Has anyone setup Flrig on the FLEX 6500? The Flrig application does not include FLEX radios in their Radio Selection configuration. Also, what SmartSDR Serial Ports can be setup on the Flrig configuration. Everything I have identified is that you can run dual VFO's with Flrig.  Can Dual VFO's be configured like Split operation using Fldigi and Flrig on a single Flex Slice.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Options
    To my knowledge, no one has setup FLrig for PowerSDR or SmartSDR.  
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The only one that can "setup" flrig with a Flex is the program author, Dave Freese. Unlike fldigi, flrig does not use the SmartSDR XML definition. Each rig is hard coded by Dave in flrig.
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Tim:  Thanks. I was SOMEWHAT able to get Flrig to communicate with my FLEX 6500 using TS-2000 config. All Flrig would do was to follow the FLEX Frequency.
    However, Flrig would not do any other functions of the FLEX.
    Thanks
    Go VOLS
    W4EY
  • Ken N9VV
    Ken N9VV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I believe that each rig is supported using an XML file. There is nothing "hard coded" into the program. You an find the PowerSDR XML file here:
    <URL: http://www.w1hkj.com/xmls/sdr/PowerSDR.xml >
    you can find the entire archive of all the XML files here:
    <URL: http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html >
    Dave W1HKJ is a very fine Gentleman who will assist you with any new rig. 
    GL de Ken N9VV

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ken, in the case of flrig the controls are hard coded. fldigi uses the XML definition flrig does not. I have worked directly with Dave Freese on some of the flrig code for my old TS-570 features.
  • Ken N9VV
    Ken N9VV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh, my mistake Dave. Thank you for keeping me on the straight path with flrig. Well, I hope that Dave W1HKJ can assist with the new 6000 products. FLdigi, flrig, and log are favorite programs for sure :-)
    dit dit
    73/73  de N9VV
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Bumping this back in -- has anyone successfully configured FLRig (or FLDigi) with a 6000 NOT using a CAT port? I'm using a Mac, so IP control (or a UDP connection from MacLoggerDX) is about my only option.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.