Flex6700 no RX SSB audio

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
I was using the Flex6700 on 20m CW and then switched up to 20m SSB.  Upon doing this I lost the audio for USB and LSB.  The CW audio still worked but I could not regain audio on any phone mode, despite everything I tried.  I searched all settings for any bonehead problem and then searched the web.  In final desperation I cycled power and that fixed the problem!  Just a word to the wise!
Photo of Ken W6XB

Ken W6XB

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2184 Posts
  • 514 Reply Likes
It is a good thing to do just as you did if something strange like that happens. Keep an eye out for it again,,sounds like a relay did not react properly, or it could be just nothing.
Photo of Ken W6XB

Ken W6XB

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I must remember it is a SOFTWARE defined radio!  Hang-ups happen!
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2184 Posts
  • 514 Reply Likes
It is a good thing to do just as you did if something strange like that happens. Keep an eye out for it again,,sounds like a relay did not react properly, or it could be just nothing.
Photo of Duane, AC5AA

Duane, AC5AA

• 379 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Ken - was this using PC audio, or using the hardware output for powered speakers on the back panel?  Just curious.
Photo of Ken W6XB

Ken W6XB

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was using the ACC audio output on the back 15 pin connector.  That audio runs to the pink MIC input on  my PC and Skype then digitizes the audio for remote operation.