flex1500 and JT65 Time Loss

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Running PowerSDR 2.7.2, JT65HF, Flexradio 1500, and Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.  Have system clock synchronized thru Network Time Synchorization which updates every 15 minutes.  Time sync on the PC appears to be very accurate.  When running this configuration, "DT values" on the JT65 screen continue to get longer over time (1.5 - 6 seconds over 24 hours).  The current solution is to "Stop" PowerSDR 2.7.2, and then "Start" it again.  I don't have to reboot or anything, just hit the "Stop" button and then "Start." It seems to reset the clock and all is well for a while.  Is there a solution for this problem?
Photo of Mike Jones

Mike Jones

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ed, K0KC

Ed, K0KC

• 255 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Mike,

I had a problem similar to this using the VAC software from Eugene Muzychenko. I solved it by switching to VB-Cable (free).

Ed, K0KC
Photo of Keith Flint

Keith Flint

• 11 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Did you "buy" vac? The download has limitations unless you purchase it. I am using it with Dimension 4 time software, much better than Microsoft's time app. And free
Keith w7zac
Photo of Mike Jones

Mike Jones

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ed.  Thanks.  I am currently using VAC software from Eugene.  I will switch to VB-Cable when I get a chance....Once again, "the devil is in the details."
Photo of Mike Jones

Mike Jones

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes.  I bought vac.....and am using NetTime 3.14 to time synchronize over ethernet.  The time sync software seems to work great.......