Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6500 - MAESTRO VERS 3.1.7 PROBLEM

ik2yft
ik2yft Member ✭✭

I installed the new version of software 3.1.7 on my flex 6500 with maestro. Often the radio does not transmit and the audio disappears completely. To restore the correct functioning I have to restart the flex 6500. Back to version 3.0.27 the problem is solved.

Comments

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a 6500 with Maestro A that I did the upgrade to 3.1.7 last night.   I went directly from 2.5.1.  The upgrade went smoothly  on the radio and desktops here.  I did the Maestro this morning and it was a little odd and a couple of hiccups with hardware resets but has been running well since.  I have done the control as well as multiflex. 

What mode and setup are you using when the issue happens?  I will try to replicate it here.
    Mike  W1BFA
  • ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Hi Mike the problem occurs occasionally, 2 or 3 times in two hours. I use the radio only in cw when a problem arises, a relay is heard in 6500.
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited June 2020
    I've got mine monitoring 20 CW...I will be here listening for a while to see if anything happens...

Mine has been running now for about 3 hrs on CW and the first hour I was here and it just ran fine..  now its been a couple of hours longer and it still seems fine.  Are you running the Maestro on wifi or ethernet?  Mine is on wifi but the router is fairly close.   Mike

• ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

MAESTRO and FLEX are connected via ethernet at same switch.

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited June 2020
    I had mine on all afternoon, although on wifi and it never missed a beat.  Is yours an A or B version?  Mine is an A.  I ran it today on AC power supply.  Last night was on battery.  Is there anything else you would like me to try?  Mike
  • ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I installed version 3.1.7 again and after an hour of operation the sound disappeared. The signals are shown on the display but no audio. 
    if the key is connected to 6500 the trasmission is ok, if connected to the mastero it does not transmit.

• IZ1OQT
    IZ1OQT Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I also have the same problem with audio
    73 iz1oqt Massimo

Flex6600+maestro 2 series
  • ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    To listen to the audio again:  press menu   press audio  press main audio out 2 times    for tx no solution at moment
  • ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    installed new version 3.1.8 - same problem :(
    The problem in trasmission is only in cw - not work paddle and memory key
    I listen sidetone but flex not trasmit
  • Anita Kemmerer
    edited October 2019
    I am also seeing this problem with v2.6.0 here. I have a Flex-6700 and a Maestro. The Maestro will lose audio one during a 1-2 hour operating session. disconnecting and reconnecting the Meastro will bring the audio back.
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Same here after about an hour.
  • ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    after some tests:  the mox button sends the radio in transmission  if the paddle is inserted in the mastero it does not transmit.  The memory keys do not send the radio in transmission. 
    Transmission is also disabled from the powesdr on the PC

does anyone know how to submit the problem to programmers?

• ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

the radio stops working exactly after an hour after switching on
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The newest DAX drivers are not working well, I have a post regarding this  on version 2.6.1 - I went back to 2.5.1

In 2.6.1 I had audio drop outs and occasional BSOD- https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/2-6-1-audio-drop-outs

• ik2yft
    ik2yft Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    i stopped any software on my pc ( DAX CAT sdr bridge)
    Only radio and maestro but after one hour audio and trasmission stop working

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.