73 de Tom, N9GUN
I run SmartSDR for IOS remote with an Expert 2K-FA amp.
To control the AMP I use DDUTIL via Parallels Access on the iPad which enables me to do the following.
1. Turn the AMP on and most IMPORTANTLY OFF
2. Monitor AMP Temperature and Power
3. Turn the AMP to OPERATE or STANDBY
4. Select input and/or output antennas
5. Select Power levels
6. Inhibit Transmit when my SteppIR is tuning
7. Set SSDR Power Driver Levels to the AMP by Band and Mode
You can do much but not all of this using the SPE Terminal App but it is awkward to use remotely because it emulates keypad strokes rather than a simple pushbutton.
Most of the time - the SPE controls are set it and forget it so I am usually on the SmartSDR ofr iOS screen rather than fiddling with the SPE
BTW... an intriguing feature of the new Power Genius XL is that it will be controllable directly from SSDR so you wont need DDUTIL to run that Amp