DX4WIN / Flex6000 feature request or question...

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
BobT, is it possible to make the logging program interface to the 6000 so if the VFO-B isn't up when you connect the two together that the 6000 will generate a RX-B automatically? Or, fool it into thinking one is up so it won't error out? As you found out DX4WIN looks for a VFO-B or it won't connect. Also, If I double click on a spot with no RX-B up I keep crashing SSDR/CAT, if I don't do things in the right order that is.... Is that possible??
Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 562 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8698 Posts
  • 3268 Reply Likes
Slice B (there are no VFOs in the FLEX-6000) is only created by SmartSDR CAT when the third-party CAT program enables split mode and there is only Slice A defined.
Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 562 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
Hi Tim, I don't quite understand what you just said. Are you saying SSDR CAT will generate a second RX (in the slice thats up) when I call up my logging program, DX4WIN? If thats what you said SSDR CAT doesn't seem to be doing that because I have to bring up a second RX before I can connect DX4WIN to the radio. If I don't generate the second RX before I tell DX4WIN to connect to the radio it will error out... Also, if I kill the second RX while DX4WIN is connected to the radio it will error out after it tries 6 time to connect. Its hard for me to change bands because my 6500 hangs if I select another band with two RX's are up so I have to drop the second RX, quickly switch bands, bring up the second RX before DX4WIN times out.....