Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't Build FlexLib V1.4 -- Missing Iconic.Zip

Options
Peter K1PGV
Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR API
I just downloaded the FlexLib V1.4 zip archive.

First, a trivial request:  In future, would you please consider naming the archive something that includes the version number?  I now have several FlexLib_API(x).ZIP files in my Downloads directory.  Thanks for the consideration.

Now, onto the real issue.  When I try to build the FlexLib project, I get two warnings an an error. Apparently, the reference to Iconic.Zip is not found and the references to the Iconic.Zip namespace can't be satisfied.

Needless to say, simply removing the "using" for Iconic.Zip doesn't solve the problem.

I suspect you'll recognize this problem immediately, but just for the sake of completeness, here is the Error List from VS:

Warning 2 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Ionic.Zip". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

FlexLibWarning 3 The referenced component 'Ionic.Zip' could not be found.

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Ionic' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:FlexFlexLib v1.4.0FlexLibRadio.cs 33 7 FlexLib

Peter
K1PGV

Comments

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I see that too.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh I wonder if that is DotNetZip on codeplex?  I might grab it and see if it compiles :-)
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    yeah that fixed it, added ionic.zip.dll as a reference and it compiled fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.