Calibration not finished Led power flashes without finishing initialization Flex 6500 ver. 1.5.1

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Hello, after upgrading Flex 6500 to vers. 1.5.1 I have a problem.

When the evening I turn off all power etc., and the morning power back.the radio flex-6500 starts the calibrated and after a few seconds the green LED flashes of power, does not end the initialization.
Practically the green LED blinks and don't shows the message FLEX-6500.

So I hold down the green button on the power for a few seconds to turn off the radio. 

Only after this, I press again the ON button, the radio starts calibration, and once this is completed
correctly and now shows the message FLEX-6500.

In versions 1.5.0 and earlier, this is not happening to me.
 What do you think about it?
 I have not read anything about the forum or maybe I missed something.
 Thanks for any help.
Alex ik5pwj.
Photo of Alex - IK5PWJ

Alex - IK5PWJ

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 55 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Official Response
A quote from Tim at Flex, about 2 weeks ago:

There seems to be a timeout situation happening on some 6300s.  When the radio is booted up, after a few minutes, the radio is still showing a flashing green power LED.  If the radio is shut down by pressing and holding the power button until it shuts down, then immediately powered back on with a single press and release of the power button (not a press and hold), then the radio will start up normally.  We are actively investigating this behavior to determine root cause.

Unquote.

I have same problem here with my 6500.  In my case I do not shut down the power supply, just hold the power button  until shutdown, release it and power up again and it works correctly.
So just a matter of standing by for a fix. 

Chuck
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
Official Response
Chuck is correct.  This issue will be corrected in the next release of SmartSDR.  Sorry for the inconvenience.