ARRL RTTY RU Contest 2018

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Just a little less than 24 hours until the contest begins and I'm not going to be participating.

I picked the "Conversation Type" as "Problem," but be assured it isn't a FlexRadio problem.

As some of you are aware, I was attempting to use some real heavy metal (Teletype Model 28 KSR) in conjunction with a Flex 6700 to work the contest.  I'm not a real contester by any means (only 1 previous RTTY contest using a glass TTY), so was hoping at least to make a few contacts and then document my experience (with some video as well).  But due to issues with my Dovetron TU I have been unable to provide the ASFK audio to the 6700, so have been unable to transmit.  I can receive just fine, so may be monitoring to see if I can hear some of my fellow "GreenKey" enthusiasts  on the air with their heavy metal.

Maybe next year for the ARRL RTTY RU!

Steve G./N4TTY
Photo of Steve - N4TTY

Steve - N4TTY

• 85 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Neil D Friedman N3DF

Neil D Friedman N3DF

• 95 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Moved from a 28 ASR to HAL equipment in the mid 70's.

N (shift) 3 (shift) DF
Photo of Steve - N4TTY

Steve - N4TTY

• 85 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Should have signed N (FIGS) 3 (LTRS) DF  :-)

But the spirit of the part of the RU that I was tring to take part in was using actual electro-mechanical equipment.
Photo of Neil D Friedman N3DF

Neil D Friedman N3DF

• 95 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
It was either the 28 ASR or the XYL.  It was a tough choice.  
Photo of Steve - N4TTY

Steve - N4TTY

• 85 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
My XYL just got a big laugh out of that!  And she has a 28 KSR and a TT-98 in her office.  While I have a good number more pieces of TTY gear in my shack.
Photo of ND8L

ND8L

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
So Neil...how's single life?
:-)
See you in RR
de ND8L
Photo of Mark K5XH

Mark K5XH

• 28 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

I see that I worked you once during the RU Steve. Thanks for the contact!

Mark K5XH