6700 control DX Solutions Smart Switch

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)

I have hit the wall on my computer literacy. For years I have used the Smart Switch 8 on my Icom and now with the 6700 I cant figure how to configure the DDUtil so it sees the band date Using Windows 7 64 bit...any help??

tnx, Bruce AH0U

Photo of Bruce Croskey

Bruce Croskey

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ, Official Rep

• 212 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I am not familiar with SmartSwitch,  but is DDUtil showing the frequency and temperature of the radio?   In otherwords is DDUtil connected to your radio.. ?   You need to be running the latest version of DDUtil too with 1.6.21 version of SmartSDR .. 

Dudley
Photo of Bruce Croskey

Bruce Croskey

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Yes it shows the temp. and the voltage. Never have seen the freq. any place.... I just cant find the bnd data or how to connect it to the Smart Switch... There must be others out there w ho automatically switch their antennas when they change bands on the 6700...

Tnx, bc

(Edited)
Photo of Steve - K5FR

Steve - K5FR

• 62 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Bruce, I'm not familiar with that hardware, but it if you can send me a manual or a link to it I may be able to advise you if it can be connected to the radio or to DDUtil.
Photo of Bruce Croskey

Bruce Croskey

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

I have asked W0GJ to email a copy which I will forward to you..

tnx, bc

Photo of Glenn

Glenn

• 13 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Whew!   I thought is was just me trying to figure out how to talk to DX Solution's Smart Antenna Switches (SAS-6's).   I gave up and bought the 4O3A Antenna Genius for antenna switching.   I have the SAS-6 manual digitized.  I'm on the road and will be home sometime Wednesday.    Anyone can email me off line and I will send a copy.    If anyone needs an SAS-6, I have about a dozen for sale.   They are programmable to work with any brand of radio.....except Flex, I guess.   They were sure slick with my legacy radios!!!

Glenn W0GJ
(Edited)
Photo of Richard Gallo

Richard Gallo

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
n i get a copy of the manual  for dx solutions SAS6.I could not find an email for you.
maxwellmr@verizon.net      W1DAG
Photo of Bruce Croskey

Bruce Croskey

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Can  you please email me a copy of the manual...I tried your QRZ email address but it bounced back so asking here.

AH0U@ARRL.net

Photo of Lee

Lee, Elmer

• 677 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes
Glenn  What radio data drives the smart switch?  Like Yaesu BCD?

73  W9OY