Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Antenna port 1 and 2 relay failures

Options
Brian KA8CNI
Brian KA8CNI Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I had to send my my 6600 back for service because of low power out and high SWR readings on both antenna ports. The service department said that relays K18 and K21 were shorted.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

Brian Goble
KA8CNI

Answers

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Brian, yes (although my radio is a 6500) I lost one relay. When my unit came back from repair, I made sure that I had set turn on delays so that the band select relays for my amp come on first and then the PTT for the amp, followed by the radio TX. Since I mostly operate WSJT-X, the relays get exercised a lot. Hopefully this avoids arcing of the relay contacts.

I haven't had any problem since. (fingers crossed)

Roy - W5TKZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.