6400 changing settings

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have noticed that my 6400M changes receive EQ settings on its own. This issue I have seen before when I had a 6300 as in this thread:  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/receive-eq-changes-settings-on-its-own

Has anyone else seen this or is it a problem with my 6400? I am thinking not as others have seen it too in the above thread. I have seen other setting change too like the NR turning off or the AGC time constant. I leave the radio on all the time and it seems to do this while I am not there and it is sitting idle. Any thoughts on this one?
Love the radio and the Flex service.
Photo of Rick  WN2C

Rick WN2C

• 268 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 614 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Official Response

Rich,

According to the manual for the 6400M page 53 or the Smartsdr windows manual page 72 RX EQ and TX EQ are not part of persistence.

According to the manuals again page 54 for the 6400M and page 75 of Smartsdr windows manual the RX EQ settings are retained in a Global profile and the TX EQ settings are retained in a Mic Profile.

Since Mic Profiles are mode related individual TX EQ settings can be adjusted and loaded by mode using the Mic Profile.

However, since the RX EQ settings are not part of persistence and only part of the Global profile if you wanted to change the RX EQ settings other than on the fly and retain them you would have to save them in a Global Profile then each time you wanted to use a different RX EQ set you would have to load that Global Profile, of course you could assign the same mic and tx profiles which you want.

I am so into profiles now that I spent so much time on them its scary, I think I understand them now!

(Edited)