6300 is in use by...

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Occasionally after shutting down 1.4, trying to bring up program again, the radio still says its in use, even though its not. The radio needs to be physically shut off and turned on again to clear this. Is there any way to override this issue?
Photo of Howard Koenig

Howard Koenig

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3453 Reply Likes
Have you cold booted the radio after the upgrade?
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 79 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I have seen this with my 6300 also but clears it self after about 30 sec, I have not had to do a reset of the radio. And Tim, I did a clean install of v1.4 removing the older ver. of SSDR.

Peter
Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 801 Posts
  • 214 Reply Likes
Tim this could be indicative if some sort of bug worth tracking.  I have had 2 instances of a "freeze" of the client-radio communications as demonstrated by a frozen waterfall and also loss of dax.. etc. I definitely did a cold boot after the upgrade, and it has done this twice.. both occurrences were after a lengthy idle state.  close SSDR and reconnect and it shows as in use.  front panel power cycle resolves it.  Just FYI in case you are keeping an issues log.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9130 Posts
  • 3453 Reply Likes
Do you get any client disconnect messages or did the console just stop responding for a short period of time?

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 801 Posts
  • 214 Reply Likes
No error messages, its a frozen display along with other stuff like CAT and DAX are non functional. And again both instances occurred after the radio had been running for a prolonged (like 12 hours) period.  Also to note that although I have experimented with several LAN client connections, this was on my primary system sitting on gig e with the Rig.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9130 Posts
  • 3453 Reply Likes
Chris - I recommend that you open a HelpDesk ticket so we can investigate your specific issue in greater details.

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 801 Posts
  • 214 Reply Likes
ok.. not a problem I can do that. thanks Tim.