Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro A upgrade to 3.7.4 failure

Options
Mike  W1BFA in Maine
Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭

I finally got around to stepping up the 6600, 6500 and PGXL to current software from 3.6.8. Upgrades to all went like clockwork and after using for a day or so happened to think to upgrade the iPad Pro and Maestro A. iPad went smoothly and functions well. Maestro appeared to try but after a restart came up with the standard display but with an error screen in the forground saying that and error occurred that requires a restart of the Maestro with buttons bellow for Show More and Dismiss. "Show more" goes to a screen with several failure notes and "dismiss" takes it through a power cycle that brings it back to the same result. I tried doing it as a stand alone and in multiflex to both the 6600 and 6500 with the same results. The Maestro gets used at least a couple times a week with 3.6.8 and always worked like a charm. This morning I powered everything up and tried the Maestro again in stand alone mode with the 6600 and same failure loop.

Anyone else have problems or thoughts on the Maestro A upgrade to 3.7.4 before I call in the experts? thanks Mike W1BFA

Best Answer

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Answer ✓
    Options

Maestro A is up and running happily on 3.7.4. I'm relieved.. In the process of getting info for Tim on the trouble ticket I thought to take the battery out as well as the 12V plug after shutting it down and let it set for an hour. I reinserted the battery and the 12V and it started it up clean to the 6600. I put it through its paces and everything seems fine. I did another shut down restart and also tried it on the 6500 it runs fine with that also.

Life is good!

Answers

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike this is not normal. You might want to submit a Flex Help Desk Ticket. They can diagnose this.

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Options

Thanks Dan.. I expect you are right but I figured being a weekend I would try a cattle call to see if someone else had run into this. Headed out for a couple of grandkids events today but will check in later.

Mike W1BFA 73

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a similar problem when trying to upgrade my B to 3.7.4. Had to send it to Flex. They had to re-flash/install software on the tablet. Tablet got corrupted. As Dan said, submit a ticket.

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Options

Thanks John.. I was a little concerned that manipulating software on the tablet might be a problem. I don't use the Maestro much except CW and when we stay at camp in the summer it gets some use. I had been tempted to update to the C model. Hearing some good reports on that.. Mike 73!

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike- Good deal. Glad it didn't have to go back to Flex.

John N1JM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.