Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Flex Product at Dayton!

Options

The June issue of QST is out and the FlexRadio ad says it will introduce a new product at Dayton.

Comments

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My guess: Updated 6400/M and 6600/M with internal chips and parts that can be sourced reliably for years with less supply chain problems and also addition of new Maestro display screen on M models. Internal SW for front panel ported to Linux. Dan de WA1QZX

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, there have been a bunch of posts on this over the last few days, here and on the Flex groups.io reflector. Everybody's guessing !

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 4
    Options

Well, I still hold out hope that it will have a built-in microwave and coffee maker. That along with a fridge and a pottie chair and it will be a Contester's dream come true!

James

WD5GWY

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yup, I think you've got your finger right on the pulse of this thing there James ! It's a matter of focusing on what REALLY counts !!

Russ KR6W

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We never got 1/2 of what was promised with the last idea they sold us..

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Friday May 14th Hamvention is just days away, maybe we'll get an early report on Thursday. Though all indications are it is a new 8000 radio, as the presale link was proof for a brief time. Speculating if it was a new radio in the 6000 series then why the big jump to 8000 unless it is the first of a new series of radios. This was discussed in similar threads but worth repeating, If the case a new series of radios, then there better be some backwards compatibility for new features for 6000 series radios to keep me and the rest of their 6000 series customer base happy.

I'm not sure the coffee maker would be enough for me to consider selling my 6700 and try to come up with the difference. Things are tough all over now and I'll have to make due with how we make coffee for the time being.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike, you're just a tough customer to please!

:-)

James

WD5GWY

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well even if it goes the same way as the FLEX 5000, 3000, and 1500 it was a whole different product/ Software line.

Look at what happened with FLEX PowerSDR for the Legacy Flex radios when the software was opened for 3rd party programmers like what KE9NS has done, It is one of the most powerful feature rich programs out there now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.