Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 8000

Options
AA1SS
AA1SS Member ✭✭

What is up with this . . . Was On E Ham

New Flexradio 8000 series?
  • They're taking deposits..... is this imminent? I've seen no other info...... maybe this is old news?:

https://www.flexradio.com/products/flex-8000-deposit/?sku=FLEX-8000-Deposit-FL-1-1-1

Comments

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

That page is no longer.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, THAT would be awesome !

• Adaptive Pre Distortion
    • full implementation of fully coherent Diversity Receive
    • modernized noise mitigation features
    • User Defined Waveform functionality returned
    • improved phase noise LO
    • the promise finally realized from whatever IP Flex has gathered from their military and commercial work over the last several years
    • AND a BIG performance margin all around this time for real future-proofing

I'm in whatever it costs - sign me UP !

73 Russ KR6W

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh yeah baby!!

With USB-C everywhere:

-use USB-C for display output

-use USB-C PD (100W) to run the matching Maestro D (or, charge your phone, or run your laptop)

• G2YTpeter
    G2YTpeter Member ✭✭
    Options

In this day and age of microelectronics components and products the Flex 6000 series is getting rather long in the tooth. If Flex want to retain the perception of being near the cutting edge of amateur radio manufacturers (and to all I know, the military side of the business may be far more important to them), then they badly need to implement all the suggestions made by Russ Ravella and VA7GP above.

12 years ago the 'then' CEO stated that the 6000 series was designed to implement Adaptive predistortion, but they never managed to do it in all that time.

Lets watch this space and see what the product really is. It MIGHT be another rehash of the Maestro! If it is, then I think there will be a lot of dissapointed people out there!

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Y'all are literally talking about a post made on April Fools…

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    edited May 7
    Options

When is May 1 April Fools. Last I knew it was April 1st… Who is the f@$l.

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

May 1st is the same as April 1st for all sufficiently early instances of May 1st.😁

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.