Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro and PC conflict

Options
LA9BM
LA9BM Member ✭✭

With my new Maestro C in the FlexRadio family, I am very confused. How is the Maestro, Computer, PGXL, TGXL and Antenna Genius (and Ham Radio Deluxe) influence each other? Everything is working fine untill I activate the Maestro. Big problems with band data in the whole system. What about the DAX and CAT?

I do have a computer and the Maestro at my home QTH and radio, antenna and PC/software on a remote QTH.

Please FlexRadio! Do you have a video telling me how it all work? If not, will you please consider making a video?

I just study the video "Configuring your FlexRadio "Dream Station" Equipment - FlexRadio, PGXL, TGXL, AG" by your helpful Ken, NP9M. Could be a good template for the video I'm asking for.

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with my FlexRadio gear but sometimes I have been banging my head in the wall, like I'm doing now.

73 from LA9BM, Leif 😱

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Leif

If you operate both the Computer Smart SDR and Maestro, you are operating MultiFlex.

In Multiplex, SmartSDR (computer) and the Maestro operate as two separate radios. The Maestro can have one or two slices. If you have a Flex 6400 with two available slices, then those two will be allocated to either the SmartSDR or the Maestro, or both, but only two total. If one device uses the two available slices, there are none available for the other. If a Flex 6600, with four slices, same concept.

Each client (Smart SDR and Maestro) share a common transmitter. The PGXL and TGXL will not change from one client to the other until there is a TX or MOX from that client. Perhaps this is what you observe when saying the bands do not change.

Alan. WA9WUD

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 24
    Options

My understanding, and how I operate, is that the Maestro is only for SSB operation — Dax and Cat are for digital operation and need to be run on a separate computer with any digital software — but alongside the Maesteo.

Below is a helpful description of how I operate digital remotely (the laptop and digital software are collocated with the Flex) and my SmartSDR or Maestro are local to me:

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Leif, look at the Maestro manual section about SmartControl. This will allow you to have the Maestro and SmartSDR controlling the same slices at the same time. I think this will help you with the band data.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.