Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WiFi 6 Or Not in Maestro C ? (second try)

Options
Russ Ravella
Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Hello,

I posted the following on 4/11 hoping for a reply from Flex. Don VE7ATJ correctly pointed out that the Maestro user guide, like the Flex website states the Maestro C has WiFi 6. However, Mike Walker stated it does NOT in the YouTube video attached below (@14:05) which was recorded on 4/10, the day before. Mike also talked about other features designed into the C version in the same video that haven't been activated yet like Bluetooth. So it's not clear if the Maestro C HAS WiFi 6, DOESN'T have WiFi 6 or has it but it's not activated yet. Here's the post again hoping for a definitive reply.

Thanks, Russ KR6W

Mike Walker said in a YouTube video interview by "Ham Radio 2.0" (at 14:05): 

that there is "no WiFi 6" in the Maestro C. But the description on the Flex Radio Website ( https://www.flexradio.com/products/maestro-control-console-flex-6000/ ) lists "Improved WiFi 6" as a feature. Does anyone know which is correct ?

Thanks Russ KR6W

Also, so his comment doesn't get get lost, here is what Gord-VA7GP posted on that thread:

I do not know WiFi 6 or not, but I do see:

• still no enterprise 802.1x / EAP, which often means username + password + certificate. For me, this means not being able to use my Maestro on my workplace WiFi
  • still no apostrophe-allowed in SSID. iPhones automatically create a hotspot using device-owner's name (grammatically correct wiht possessive-apostrophe). The Maestro is my only device that fails to recognize and accept the apostrophe :-(

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi Russ

I am using the Netgear Orbi 750 mesh which is WiFi 6 (not 6E). I have no issue with the Maestro C on WiFi.

Hope this helps.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave,

Yup, that answers it ! Wonder why Mike Walker is saying it doesn’t have WiFi 6 ? Very strange.

Thanks as always Dave ! Hope all is well with you !

Russ KR6W

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.