Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW from Maestro C oscillator and Zoom ?

Options

I joined a Long Island CW Club class last night , via Zoom. All worked well except my Blue Yeti microphone does not detect any audio produced by the CW oscillator in the Maestro C . I tried every possible mic/audio setting in Zoom. My voice audio was picked up fine, even me whispering was picked up fine .. but no CW audio from the C. Even with my mic literally touching the Maestro. I then tried the mic on my iPhone, same result .. the audio does not show when making CW from the Maestro . I know that it is not a Flex Radio Systems problem , but wondering if anyone has any ideas ? I am using Zoom with a Mac mini M2.

Andy K3UK

Comments

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So, to be clear about your problem, the issue is you want your CW to be heard (along with your voice) by other participants of a zoom conference… and its NOT heard?

If I got that right, then the issue is the noise cancelling algorithm that’s being used. I believe the algorithm is specific to the video conference service. These algos are exceptionally clever… sometimes too clever for their own good.

Some of the conference services have settings that allow you to control the amount of “background noise” canceling… maybe you can adjust this?

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You are correct Peter . I found one setting that did eventually work. See attached . All other options produced voice but no CW tones .

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad it worked out, Andy.

I've noticed that Zoom's noise suppression can yield some really weird results at times!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.