Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Integrating a TGXL tuner with a Yaesu FTDX5000

Options
I would like to integrate a TGXL tuner into my station. The rig is a Yaesu FTDX5000 which is controlled with a Yaesu SCU-17 interface unit (for digital mode control) which uses the CAT connector on the FTDX5000. Is there a way to also link to the TGXL tuner in this situation?
I can't use the BCD band data connector, or rely of RF sensing as these only allow one tuning solution per band and because of narrow bandwidth antennas I need to have several tuning solutions per band.
Flex technical support think a simple Y cable will not work.
Has anyone found a solution to this situation? Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

you will need to split the CATbout of the Yaesu. I have done it several ways, including using VSPE.
    I’d start with checking with one of the Yaesu groups.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.