Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New FW: 3.8.8 for PGXL Auto StandBy

Options

Today I did the firmware update to my PGXL to FW: 3.8.8 previously if I have my PGXL on AMP OPERATE (READY) it will ON and the fan will be working, now even with the AMP OPERATE it seems like the PGXL is READY but maybe in some kind of sleep or standby mode... ?

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

In standard mode, after two minutes in receive the fans and bias will turn off until next transmission.

Contest mode will keep bias on and fans at low speed.

Dave wo2x

• Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately I have in CONTEST mode, not in standard mode…

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I was in the hospital and got home this evening. I will test it tomorrow here.

Are you seeing bias turn off in contest mode? What mode is this happening in? What is the bias reading in RX after transmitting? MEffA on or off (only works in single tone modes like CW or FT8).

73 Dave wo2x

• Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi David hope you are doing well.

I use my PGXL in CONTEST mode only with MEffA disable (OFF) 50MHz FT8, with previous FW if I click AMP OPERATE in my SmartSDR the (same all as described before no changes at all) the PGXL will be instant ready and the fan will be running high because in CONTEST mode.

Now with the new FW: 3.8.8 I will AMP OPERATE and will run the fans if I transmit will continue running the fans but shortly after I stop transmit the PGXL will go into some kind of semi auto standby even do I never manually clicked and got it to STANDBY, but as soon as I start transmitting it will resume with the running fans. This just came with the new version.

Not sure about the BIAS…

• Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    Options

It takes 2 minutes after the last transmission (FT8) to go into this semi auto standby mode.

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Semi-Auto Standby would be great! I forget to manually switch to Standby and leave my PGXL in Operate overnight. I understand that Operate mode will consume more electric power than Standby. However, I can not find the 3.8.8 Firmware, only the Release Notes pdf will download. I checked both the Flex downloads site and the 4O3A website.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.