Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is an Excellent Microphone Profile for the Heil Pro 7 Headset?

Options

Hi Guys,

I just connected a Heil Pro 7 Headset to my Flexradio 6400M. I tried the Microphone Profile of Basic Flexradio and it seemed to work just fine. I have the Bias on and it seems to be working just fine. But I also have the Radiosport Headset, and to me that seems to sound better then the Heil Pro 7. I know there are multiple Microphone Profiles out there. But not sure whether there is one specifically fit for the Pro 7 or not. And it could very well be that one could be created. Has anyone did that? I am trying to get things setup for the WPX SSB Contest this weekend. I guess I have been spoiled with the RadioSport Headset that I purchased from Flexradio. I will be anxious to hear what responses I get.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mark, the answer is like the answer to "what size pants should I buy?" - set your profile to your voice and preferences. Using profiles (TX EQ, really) from others almost never works out well.

Ken, NM9P and Mike, VA3MW both have excellent videos on YouTube explaining how to set your TX EQ settings using Full Duplex (FDX) to listen to your own signal.

I normally press the record button as I just can't listen and talk at the same time. I listen, tweak, record again etc etc.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mark as Len said and I love the Pants analogy.

A starting place I would try is the "Default HM-Pro" but as Len said these settings need to be CONFIGURED by You the way you want to sound and be heard.

Most important thing is to NOT overload the MIC level control with the EQ Settings or mic level settings.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When using the TX eq, cut before boost. And the level meter is before the eq, so any boost in eq will result in audio levels higher than the meter shows.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.