Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR Looses Connection

Options

This seems to happen to every Flex that I have owned, but after being on for couple of days plus or minus, SSDR for Windows(10) or Mac(M2) looses connection to the radio and the software crashes. . Then I have to restart the radio because the software thinks it's still connected. Anyone want to guess what is going on?

73, John N1JM

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Network or direct connection? If on a home network, are you using a wired connection or WiFi? Bad cables or cable connectors can cause dropouts or connection problems. In SmartSDR look at the Network bars indicator in the lower right corner of SmartSDR. If the vertical bars are any color then green, you have a network problem. If there are only a couple of green bars showing, your data rate over your network isn't that good. Same thing when using a WiFi connection. I doubt your problem is your radio. I would bet it is something in your network. It can be a problem with a router or a network switch if you are using one. Depending on how you are setup, you can always try a direct connection between your computer and your radio. If you don't experience the problem with a direct connection, then it is one of the possibilities mentioned above. If it happens with a direct connection using a known good cable, then the problem is your computer's network card or possibly your Anti-virus or firewall.

James

WD5GWY

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

James,

Thanks for your suggestions. It is a wired connection with a Netgear switch. Every time I've looked there are full green bars and network excellent with 1 or 2 ms RTT latency (shows the same on my Mac). I'm pretty sure all the network cables are good, but I will change them out one at a time to see what happens or check them with my cable checker. I'll try another switch. Probably not the computer since it happens on both my PC and Mac.

John N1JM

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If you own your internet router, check your routers logs when that happens. Whenever I'm just sitting there, look up and see yellow bars i know somebody is busy trying to hack or spoof my router for access. I have mine setup for dhcp with mac address access only and reserved network addresses. I also have only a small group of addresses active and accessible with calculating my networks mask size. 255.255.255.**** Most hackers try hacking in at higher addresses192.168.1.100 or 250's gets them nowhere but the routers horsepower is being used to fend off the attack so data screeches to a halt. I look at my log and yep... bad guys. Also netgear uses their time server in europe. Enter a usa time server... bad guys track ntp addresses and hack your router because of its ntp requests. Time to do some of that IT "xxxx" as goose would say... if you have your internet providers router you need somebody from their outfit to lock you down... Erika K0DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.