Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter with split IF

Options
K4QXX
K4QXX Member ✭✭

Not sure if I am posting this is the correct forum, but I borrowed a 2 meter transverter from a friend and it appears to have a split IF. I have used transverters in the past that had a common IF. Trying to get this hooked up to my 6400 but not sure how to connect it. Any help would be appreciated.

K4QXX

Burch

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Burch... it would help if you could post some specs/info about the transverter -- manufacturer, model #, etc. Is it single band or multi-band (multi-band might explain the split IF?).

Then we can help you more (I hope :-) )

Not to worry about 'correct forum', I'm sure Mike or other community moderators will move it where appropriate...

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Burch, the XVTR port from the radio goes to the transmit port of the transverter.

The RX IN port from the radio goes to the receive port of the transverter.

Set your receive antenna to RXA and transmit to XVTA.

Plug TX 1 (or whichever RCA TX jack is free) to PTT of the transverter. Use TX Band Settings screen to select the appropriate RCA TX jack.

In my case, I key the transverter with TX2 and the 2 meter amp with TX3. TX1 is already occupied with my HF amp. Use whichever makes sense in your case.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

The model is a Down East Microwave 2m25 LDPA. It has has a following ports on the back of the transverter.

TX

ANT/RX

AUX

Trans

PTT.

BYPASS

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Burch, the LDPA is a Low Drive Power Amplifier, not a transverter. It is designed to take the 2 meter output from a Flex 6700 and amplify it to a usable level (25 Watts in this case). It will not work directly with any Flex radio except for a 6700.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

That's what I thought after looking at the model number. I have the 2MLDPA 75 watt version for my 6700. I was trying to hook this up to my 6400. Thanks for the quick response.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

HI Burch... if the person you borrowed the 25W LPDA is interested in selling, I would be interested.

My email on QRZ.com is good.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.