Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band width indicator

Options
When I select upper side band my bandwidth indicator shading appears on the wrong side of the frequency line.

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Should be to the right.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi David, can you post a screenshot of SmartSDR?

• David Smith
    David Smith Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is a screen shot. the bandwidth shading is on the upper side of the frequency line
    I have to click on a freq band width number in the dropdown for it to move to the low side of the frequency line
  • KD0RC
    Options

Hi David, your picture shows the proper location of the upper sideband. What is leading you to believe that it is wrong?

• David Smith
    David Smith Member ✭✭
    Options
    sorry i had a power outage the shot i sent is a normal after i selected the bandwidth button i will try to upload the image again as it appears right after changing channels
  • David Smith
    David Smith Member ✭✭
    Options
    here it is. you can see usb is selected
  • KD0RC
    Options

Yep, this one is near the 80 meter band, and therefore shows lower sideband as it should. If you go back to 10 meters, it should automatically go to upper sideband. Is 4.069.700 a MARS frequency by any chance? If so, are you expected to operate upper sideband? If so, you might want to create a profile that selects the sideband of choice.

I also notice that you have DAX selected. Are you running a digital mode? If so, you probably want to use DIGU instead of USB.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Weird Min shows correct for 4.069.700 USB but my Radio is Unlocked for MARS frequencies.

If your Radio does NOT have the correct TURF file and this is out of band than that could be your issue.

If you have the correct TURF file then I would try a Hard reset on the Radio and DON'T load in any Profiles until after you check it out to see if it is operating properly.

Do you have ANY 3rd party software running like FRStack or the like stop running it during your testing.

This is on my Flex6700

• David Smith
    David Smith Member ✭✭
    Options

i do have the out of band turf file and kit.

I will try what you suggested on hard reset.

I am told that USB is adequate/normal for the use I’m working with. And it does work as required. However it’s annoying when I go to the freq. and the usb band width is the wrong direction.

• David Smith
    David Smith Member ✭✭
    Options

I updated to the latest version of smartsdr. Against my better judgement because the frequency memory file is dumped when you do a update and I have never been able to reload a settings file. However, the problem of the band direction went away with the version update. I guess this thread is now solved. but, i still do not know why it did that.

• David Smith
    David Smith Member ✭✭
    Options

update; on another thread I was able to find the frequency memory file (cvs) in the saved profile list,.

Now i will not be working overtime to recreate a large frequency list on software updates.

thanks for all comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.