Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Tuner Genius

Options
Mike.
Mike. Member ✭✭
Flex 6600M, Flex Tuner Genius and Flex Power Genius amp. Two different antennas.
Coax to antenna 1 is connected via A ports on radio, amp and tuner and to antenna 2 via B ports on radio, amp and tuner,
Tuner works as it should on antenna 1 but when trying to tune antenna 2 the tuner readout shows "no band data" and will not operate.
How do I convince the radio to send band data to the tuner?
Mike, WM5DX.

Comments

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    Options

I had that happen a couple of times this week. I'm running Flex-6600 v3.7.3, Ant Genius v4.1.7, TGXL v1.2.11, and PGXL v3.8.4. In each case, just holding down the my key (dashes) in CW mode for a second (with PGXL placed in standby mode) fixed it, and the error did not reoccur again that day. Previously, I tried powering ON/OFF all these equipment, but that did not fix the issue. YMMV

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

In Tuner Genius setup, make sure in Flex Radio tab that B is enabled and has the radio s/n , Ant2, and LAN PTT selected.

The tuner will not switch to in circuit until you PTT or hit CW key. Make sure radio TX delay is at least 30 ms.

Also in all Flex setup the Genius Integration tab should not have the Power Genius selected.

73 Dave wo2x

• Mike.
    Mike. Member ✭✭
    Options

David, WO2X.

Thank you for the response, much appreciated. I rather jumped the gun with my post, ten minutes after I posted I read the Tuner manual and found the answer! Now tuner is working ok with both antennas.

Many thanks again for posting, I will not be so hasty in future and will endeavor to operate my brain before operating the keyboard!

73, de Mike, WM5DX.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.