Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spot API "trigger_action"

Options
Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Question

I am trying to build a API command to add a spot with a trigger action.

Adding spots to the panadapter works just fine, but I have been unable to structure the API to have the spot do something when I click on it.

The API WiKi appears to have two options:

• "trigger_action=tune" - to tune to the spot's frequency, and
  • " trigger_action=none" - to implement a custom behavior.

I have tried both. Here are my test API Spot commands. The spots appear, but clicking on the spot does not cause an action:

spot add rx_freq=14.220 callsign=KE5DTO mode=USB color=#FF5733 source=N1MM spotter_callsign=N5AC timestamp=1533196800 lifetime_seconds=3600 priority=4 comment=thanks trigger_action=tune

and

spot add rx_freq=14.220 callsign=KE5DTO mode=USB color=#FF5733 source=N1MM spotter_callsign=N5AC timestamp=1533196800 lifetime_seconds=3600 priority=4 comment=thanks trigger_action=none

Question, what am I missing with making the "trigger_action" API work?

Alan. WA9WUD

Tagged:

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Alan, it looks like it is working for me.

If trigger_action=none, then I get the fact that the spot was triggered, but the slice does not move to that frequency.

R25|0||
    S55FD333D|spot 157 callsign=KE5DTO rx_freq=7.220000 tx_freq=0.000000 mode=USB color=#FF5733 background_
    color= source=N1MM spotter_callsign=N5AC timestamp=1533196800 lifetime_seconds=3600 priority=4 comment=thanks trigger_action=none
    R26|0|157|
    S0|interlock tx_client_handle=0x00000000 state=READY reason= source= tx_allowed=1 amplifier=
    S1603B860|spot 157 triggered pan=0x40000000

On the other hand, if trigger_action=tune, the active slice goes right to the spot frequency.

R25|0||
    S55FD333D|spot 157 callsign=KE5DTO rx_freq=7.220000 tx_freq=0.000000 mode=USB color=#FF5733 background_
    color= source=N1MM spotter_callsign=N5AC timestamp=1533196800 lifetime_seconds=3600 priority=4 comment=thanks trigger_action=tune
    R26|0|157|

S1603B860|spot 157 triggered pan=0x40000000

So, I think that the idea is that you intercept the spot status message, get the spot number and the fact that it was triggered, and if you need it, which panadapter it was triggered from. With that info, you can take whatever action you want.

In the case of my repeater spots app, I leave trigger_action set to tune, then take my own action of setting the mode and repeater options.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Len

I look like you are trigger a specific spot number, 157. What happens if you use "spot add....."

Alan

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Neve mind.....i just notice you displayed the status message.

Alan

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Len

Problem solved. It appears MacSmartSDR does not support the Spot "trigger-action" command.

I tested the same on Windows SmartSDR and it worked just fine. On MacSmartSDR, the icon does not change when I hover on the spot, a good indication that Mac does not recognize the action.

Alan. WA9WUD

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Alan, I'm glad you got that figured out. You might want to drop a note to Marcus to see if he has plans to add this functionality.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.