Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to connect to a 4o3a Rotator Genius over WAN?

Options
I am able to control the Rotator over the LAN but not over WAN. I have set PORT FORWARDING to pass the TCP PORT to the controller IP address.

Thanks for any ideas.
Stan, KA1ZE (W3XTT)

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Stan,

I do not own the RG but here are some ideas.

When remote - use your external IP address. You can find that by using your station PC and go to What Is My IP | Find my Public IP Address - IPv4 & IPv6 (whatismypublicip.com)

When setting up Rotator Genius, use port 9006 and make sure your router is forwarding external port 9006 to internal port 9006 and IP of Rotator Genius.

If your ISP uses CGNAT then it will not work since they would need to do port forwarding in their network.

73 Dave wo2x

• Stan ka1ze
    Stan ka1ze Member ✭✭
    Options
    My port forwarding
  • Stan ka1ze
    Stan ka1ze Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Dave, my IP was also no problem.
    Stan

How do I find out about CGNAT?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Go to Myip.com

see if the IP shown matches your WAN IP on the router. If it doesn’t then you are CGNAT. If it matches, contact 4O3A.com support as they support the RG.

Dave wo2x

• Stan ka1ze
    Stan ka1ze Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Dave, I will need to ask 4o3a.

73, Stan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.