Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio filter??

Options

I got my new Mac Mini and quickly got SmartSDR for Mac running. As I was tuning around 40 meters using my mouse, I accidentally enabled some type of audio filter, so all I hear is a high-pitched sound with 3 vertical lines on the pan adapter. I feel **** for not figuring out the problem, but if anyone can make a suggestion, I would be most appreciative.

Ed K5YZW

Comments

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

What's your mode and receive bandwidth?

John N1JM

• Ed K5YZW
    Ed K5YZW Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm on 40m LSB with 200 kHz bandwidth. I have the same on 20m which is fine. Ed

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

TNF? Binaural Audio?

• Ed K5YZW
    Ed K5YZW Member ✭✭
    Options

A menu says that TNF is turned off globally, but when I clicked on each green vertical line, a box popped up, and I turned off each TNF. However, I still can only hear a muffled whine with no audio. Perhaps it is still TNGF? I can't find any binaural audio documentation, so help would be appreciated. Whatever it is, I turned it on accidentally when I clicked on something. Very frustrating. Thanks for any help. Ed K5YZW

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

1st TNF "Tunable Notch filter" has nothing to do with "Binaural Audio" and is set up on the "Settings tab" - "Radio Setup" - "RX TAB"

If your running stereo speakers it makes it sound like WIDER Stereo Speakers and with it OFF it sounds more like a MONO Speaker. Just set it to sound the best for YOU at your operating position, but a Whine? That is something else.

If your hearing a whine with NO signals then MAYBE it is your Speakers them selves having issues, try running on Headphones and turn off the Speakers.

• Ed K5YZW
    Ed K5YZW Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info, Bret. TNF is turned off and I checked the Binaural Audio and it is not enabled. The problem is not the audio or speakers because all bands other than 40M are fine. I turned something on with my mouse and knew when I did it but I don't know what I did or how to undo it. I said whine but that is not a good description. Perhaps muffled is more like it. I'll keep trying different things. Any other thoughts are appreciated. Thanks for the ideas.

Ed K5YZW

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

what's your RX filters set at, maybe you have the RX filter slide over to one side or the other.

If all else fails do a hard reset and see if that helps, BE SURE to save and export your profiles first so you can restore everything back to the way it is now.

TX Filter is highlighted on SmartSDR picture