Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTYSkimmer and SDR-Bridge setup questions

Options
I would like to set up a RTTY skimmer with my Flex 6600 running SmartSDR v3.4.24.

I've downloaded RTTYSkimmer server v1.3 from AFREET; and SDR-Bridge v3.

I noticed that there are dll's in the SDR-Bridge directory. Old info indicates that for RTT YSkimmer to work it needs dll's specific to the radio.

Does anyone have a working RTTY skimmer (any program) with their Flex, and what are the details to make it work?

If using SDR-Bridge and AFREET, do dll's need to be copied and moved to the AFREET directory, and which ones for Flex?

Thanks for any insight.

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Answer to a working RTTY Skimmer program = SDC. Details are on this Forum. You might be misled by references to SDC "CW Skimmer" but in fact it it excellent on RTTY and PSK too.

• km8v
    km8v Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, SDC is very, very cool: https://www.lw-sdc.com/

• Jim in TX
    Jim in TX Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the SDC comments. I did notice that the RTTYSkimmer had the dll's included. I changed the .ini file DeviceName to FLEX-6600 from the quicksilver default. No joy so I will move on to SDC.
  • yo5ld
    yo5ld Member, Unconfirmed
    Options
    Sadly SDC won't work with RBN/Aggregator -> the one and only most useful free platform where everyone with a SDR should give back..
  • km8v
    km8v Member ✭✭
    Options

You can't connect Aggregator to SDC's Telnet server?

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

You can of course but only as a 'secondary connection' in Aggregator parlance. This is due to Aggregator requiring CW Skimmer compatibility. So SDC does work but only if CWS is also connected which defeats the object since, if you have to have CWS, then SDC though a better Skimmer is somewhat superfluous. You also have to be rather careful how you set up SDC Skimmer since it uses an alias by default which is not acceptable to RBN. That can be overcome but overall you might as well just use CWS if you run Aggregator. I have not raised this subject with Yuri, he might be able to provide more information to anyone who asks him, but I feel fairly certain his intention for SDC is to take Spots from but not give Spots to RBN.

• km8v
    km8v Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, then it also seems like if the RBN wants spots from SDC users, then they could update the Aggregator to accommodate it.

• km8v
    km8v Member ✭✭
    Options

FWIW, if you configure Aggregator (I went and grabbed it) to use a "Combined Skimmer" to connect to SDC, you can feed the RBN.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Without a CW Skimmer connection?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.