Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installing the EXT-TX in a 6500

Options

Greetings,

I have been granted a temporary Army MARS license and have purchased the 6000-EXT-TX card. I am trying to install the board, but the only instructions I have found are for the 6400M radio. When I opened the top cover to my 6500 Radio the board looks similar but not the same. I do not want to **** my radio up. Has anyone done this? Is there a PDF I can download or a video?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

TIm / AC3CT

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

To add to this, if the extended TX module is new, open a Help Desk ticket explaining you do not need to board and want to return it for a refund. Include your order number,

Make sure to fill out your name, call and phone number on the Help Desk request

Also include the s/n of your 6500 with a copy of your MARS license requesting a new turf file.

Flex will send you an RMA to return the extended transmit module and a new TURF file along with instructions on how to install it in the 6500.

73 Dave wo2x

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim... it might be a good idea to submit a help desk ticket. They can probably give you detailed instructions.

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Options

I am not 100% sure but I do not think the EXT-TX card is for the 6500. I believe it is for the 6400/6600 series. I think you need to contact Flex to get the 6500 made Mars capable and I do not remember clearly but I think it requires only a special file to be loaded.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To make the Flex6500 wide band TX for MARS or what ever ALL you need is the Unlocked "TURF" file NO hardware MOD so send the EXT-TX card back to FLEX. To get a TURF file for MARS do a trouble ticket and they will ask you to send them a copy of your MARS License that has not expired.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.